Friday, January 4, 2013

“Make Enough Money To Buy Candy.”

 Hi Everyone!

Thanks for coming to the Pre-Launch of this blog. With this post I'm just going to introduce myself
and tell you a little bit about myself.

I guess I'm what you may call a serial entrepreneur. I always had an interest in starting companies. The first company I started was when I was 10 years old. My brother, Darrin, a neighborhood friend named Michael, and myself started a store called MTD Enterprises. MTD stood for Michael, Tony, Darrin, (Tony being my nickname growing up). We sold our old toys and comic books. Our Mission Statement being: "Make Enough Money To Buy Candy".

I even tried my hand with a mail-order catalog business, in which I hand wrote and drew pictures of items that I had for sale, (more toys). I got postage stamps from my mother and mailed my two page catalogs to my cousins. Fast-forward to my early twenties, my friend, Dany Rodriguez had started his own independent comic book publishing company called Society's Outcasts. Dany brought me on board as Vice-President because I had the ability to get the books printed. I later struck out on my own to start my own independent comic book publishing company called PyroGraphix Inc.We published and featured various writers and artists in the Cleveland and Greater Cleveland area. This was my first lesson in budgeting and “return on investment.” Our books sold well, but the cost of printing was what eventually caused me to close our doors.

I began to work at various call centers over the years to support myself, until I decided to start investing in real estate. I purchased one of those popular television real estate courses on how to buy property with no money down. I devoured the course and over the next few years, I was able to amass a portfolio of nine houses. I had even written to the marketing company of the course that I bought, and they flew my first wife and myself to Florida to be filmed in their next infomercial. I decided to learn more about real estate from the lender’s side, so I became a loan officer for a mortgage company. After learning all that I could, I struck out on my own, started my own Mortgage Brokerage Firm, hiring loan officers to work for me. I specialized in the sub-prime market. After a few years, I was noticing a shift in the sub-prime market that was making it difficult to lend money. You see, Wall Street had stopped buying mortgages due to the high default rate, so I decided to close shop, while the getting was good. A year later, lenders and brokers were going broke and closing their doors due to the housing crisis.

My first wife and I divorced, the rental properties were sold, and I was back to working at call centers again. Looking for something to do, I learned that a lot of companies were outsourcing their call center needs, especially overseas. I also realized that with today’s technology, particularly the internet, and VOIP services, (Voice Over Internet Protocol), I could have my own virtual call center. I learned of companies that were looking for contractors to take their customer service calls, so I became a limited liability company in my state, (Ohio), upgraded my computer systems, and started my company. I started taking calls for the Direct Market Industry, also known as infomercials. I also started taking calls for a pizza franchise, once I learned that all of their restaurants were not set up to take phone orders. I would take those orders, my computer system having secured access to their servers to submit the orders to the various restaurants. By this time, I was able to contract agents to work for my company, as well as employing a staff, while I concentrate on offering other services, such as website building and maintenance, telephone surveys, remote data backup service and other ventures. All these services fell under the company name of INNOVATIVE CYBER SYSTEMS LLC. 

Now I have decided to branch out into marketing. Being that I have a love for technology, I will be blogging about technology and products geared to newbies. I will also talk about the marketing industry and I guess anything I feel like talking about. :)

Now as I work to build my business, I thought it might be interesting to blog this journey. I don’t know why anyone may be interested in reading this, but I will blog about my growth, my successes,  failures, mistakes that I may make,  growing pains and anything else that I feel like blogging about. Running this business takes a lot of my time, so I can’t say that I will be blogging everyday, more than likely once a week. So now I will share all that I know and all that I learned about marketing and technology. I will share tons of info regarding products to make money on line. What I do know ids these posts will detail on how to make money, not a living. I'm not a guru or don't claim to be. The money you can make is meant to supplement your income, not replace it. Now their are some people who were able to actually replace their income, but they, in my opinion, are the exception.

Although the little boy that I was, outgrew the need for candy, (thanks to diabetes), I still have luxuries that I am accustomed to; like my house, cars, clothing, and other necessities, which are now a different sort of “candy” for me.

Since the age of 10, my goals have remained the same … “Make Enough Money To Buy Candy.”

P.S. I  know this is the Pre-Launch with the actual Launch scheduled for Monday. Monday I will review three money making opportunities, but I feel I should at least share something today.

So, how would you like to get paid to write short  reviews on music? 

Well their is a site where you can do just that and get paid for it.  The way it works, A new artist signs up and uploads three tracks on the system based on genre. We sign up for free and listen to these tracks for at least 90 seconds. We are considered scouts. Now we have to write constructive reviews( Now if the music sucks...say so, but in a professional, constructive manner. Now the big question, how much will you get paid? The pay ranges from .02 - .20 per review. depending on the quality,(quality of the review, not the music). So, you'll listen to a track for at least 90 seconds, write a short quality review, (your reviews are rated, the better the rating, the better the pay).


Here is a short video: 



If you are interested, here is a link to get you started:




Okay, I will see you in a few days,  with three money-making opportunities and don't forget to enter your email address to receive updates from us and I will include a free gift.

 Your email will never be sold and we do not spam.


P E A C E !








1 comment: